National Ag Week is very important to us here at Aschoff Construction.
Think about this. It is a rare occasion when you might need a dentist, accountant or lawyer every day, but for most we need a farmer 3 times a day! The agriculture industry is a part of every single person’s life. From the food we eat to the clothes we wear to the fuel in our vehicles. During National Ag Week, Aschoff Construction would like to thank those of you who work in acres and not hours.
Here are some fun facts as we celebrate 2018 National Ag Week.
– 1 in 4 jobs in Nebraska are related to Agriculture
– There are nearly 23 million acres of rangeland and pastureland in Nebraska.
– 91% of the state of Nebraska’s total land area is used by Nebraska farm and ranches
– In Nebraska, cattle out number people 4 to 1
– Nebraska had 47,400 farms and ranches during 2017; the average operation consisted of 954 acres
Thanks to the Nebraska Department of Agriculture, USDA, NASS, Nebraska Field Office, Nebraska Bankers Association for these Nebraska Agriculture Facts.
Posted on: Wednesday, March 21, 2018
Last modified on: Wednesday, March 21, 2018